Bon Jovi Opened 2 Charity Restaurants In New Jersey Where People In Need Can Eat Free Of Charge


While Jon Bon Jovi is very well known for his career in music very few are familiar with the kind things he has done to make a world a better place. In 2006 he founded The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation which aims to support community efforts to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness. One of the most prominent deeds of the foundation has done is the opening of JBJ Soul Kitchen, the community restaurant where people in need are not required to pay for their meals.

More info: Instagram | jbjsoulkitchen.org | jonbonjovisoulfoundation.org

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

The first restaurant was opened in October 2011, in the Red Bank area, New Jersey. The second one opened it’s a door in 2016, near Toms River, an area that was greatly affected by Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

Both restaurants aim to fight food insecurity in a dignifying way without judgment. Both paying and in-need customers are welcome. There are no prices on the menu, but those who can afford a meal are encouraged to donate $20, and those who can’t offer any payment are encouraged to volunteer at the restaurant.

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

JBJ Soul Kitchen has already served over 105,893 meals. According to the restaurant’s website, 54% of those meals were paid with donations and the rest 46% were earned by volunteering.

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

Patrons are not required to reserve a table in advance. The restaurant works under the first-come-first-served principle, however, people who are struggling financially are given the priority.

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

The restaurant menu consists of 3 courses inspired by local American cuisine. JBJ Soul Kitchen makes sure that their meals are both delicious and nutritions so their produce is organically grown in a restaurant’s garden.

Image credits: jbjsoulkitchen

Here’s how people reacted




Source link


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

What's Your Reaction?

confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
geeky geeky
0
geeky
hate hate
0
hate
lol lol
0
lol
fun fun
0
fun
love love
0
love
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *